Our admission requirements are based on the University’s Graduate School Admission Requirements. In short, to be considered for admission, applicants must have:
• A bachelor’s or pre-professional degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
• Minimum GRE score of 1000 (verbal plus quantitative)
• International students: TOEFL score of 550 on written exam and 213 on the computer exam and/or a total score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL
How to Apply
Admission to the Department of Animal Sciences Graduate Studies Program is competitive and selective. We strongly encourage applicants to follow the application procedures outlined below in order to be considered for admittance to the program.
Because admittance to the Graduate Studies Program is dependent upon an available faculty advisor, applicants who have not made personal contact with faculty members prior to admission may lose the opportunity for admittance. Therefore, applicants should:
• Review research areas within the department
• Identify your research area of interest
• Review faculty profiles
• Contact faculty members to discuss research and study opportunities
• Apply to Ohio State’s Graduate School online through The Ohio State University Graduate Admissions Office
Program Information and Deadlines
For more information, contact Deb Gallagher or (614) 292-7131.