The Department of Animal Sciences is one of 11 departments or schools within the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) at The Ohio State University.
Why you should choose Animal Science:
- Animals - With seven animal units, and the number-one-rated zoo in the country located just minutes away from campus, we have the opportunity to bring animals into the classroom or to bring the classroom to the animals. You will see, touch, feel, and work with animals right away.
- Exploration - We are all about students exploring their interests through classes that teach the fundamentals of animal sciences and that provide hands-on opportunities to work directly with animals.
- Relationships - The department serves one of the largest undergraduate student populations in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, which is one of the smallest colleges on our campus. This is a great benefit for our students as it enables them to get to know not only their peers but also their professors.
- Laboratories - State-of-the-art teaching laboratory allows you to get down to the basics of how the body works.
- Study Abroad - We offer a number of animal-focused study abroad opportunities. Many of our undergraduate students will graduate with at least one study abroad experience.
- Knowledge - We have faculty advising. Get advice from some of the smartest brains in the field of animal science.
- Marketability - How can you argue with a 92% placement rate after graduation?
Pursuing a degree at The Ohio State University means you have almost limitless flexibility developing a program that meets your goals and interests. Once you declare a major, you can work with your academic advisor to tailor a program that fulfills the requirements for graduation.
Your college experience, though, can be so much more. Numerous opportunities are available to study abroad in a foreign country, pursue a research project related or not related to your major, join a judging team, and become involved with a club.