This page provides an overview only of typical department leave guidelines. Content on this page is provided as a courtesy; full and final information should be sought from the college or university. Contact one of the People at the bottom of the page for more information on listed and other leave topics or visit The Ohio State University Office of Human Resources.
Instructions via eLeave ASSIST (Requires university log-in). Useful instructions:
- "Biweekly Employees" and "Monthly Employees" - info on submitting a Leave Request, changing a Leave Request, etc.
Guidelines - Faculty and Staff
Leave Requests (vacation, sick days, etc.) are entered through eLeave (see link above). For help, see "Creating a Leave Request" at this link under User Guides.
- Timesheet form also can be accessed from the eLeave home page. See tabs at top of eRequest Home page.
University Business Leave form also can be accessed from the eLeave home page. See tabs at top of eRequest Home page.
- A business leave request should be submitted for any business leave (even if does not involve reimbursement) whether it's in-state or out-of-state travel.
- Leave Requests can be edited. For now, see "Editing a Leave Request" at this link under User Guides.
Guidelines - Graduate Students
- Graduate students receive a set number of days of vacation per year (GRA, 50% time on yearly appointment) - see Graduate Program Handbook (Animal Sciences) on the Graduate Student pages of the this website.
- Before graduate students leave for any reason, they need to complete the Application for Leave form (see Forms below), have their advisor approve the request, then send it to the Department of Animal Sciences Graduate Program Assistant for their file.
- Additional information on other forms of leave can be found here: Benefits Information under Section IX of the Graduate Student Handbook
- Application for Leave (go to Leave Forms / Vacation/Leave / Application for Leave)
Department of Animal Sciences Contact
|Lauren Parkins||Columbusemail@example.com||110C Animal Science Building||614-292-5943|