Each year, a number of recognition awards are granted to alumni of the Department of Animal Sciences and the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
Read more about these honors by clicking on a title to follow a link to the About Us section of this site.
The Animal Science Hall of Fame recognizes alumni who have been bona fide majors in Animal Science at The Ohio State University and have been graduated twenty (20) or more years. They have demonstrated superior skill and achieved success for themselves and their families in a major activity area related to Animal Science. They have practiced service to others, including giving of time, energy, and thoughtfulness in the local community.
Nominations are generally due in January. For more information, contact Dr. Stephen Boyles email@example.com.
The objectives of the award are to recognize worthy men and women who have made a substantial and noteworthy contribution toward the improvement of the dairy industry of Ohio, elevated the stature of dairy farmers, or inspired students enrolled at The Ohio State University. The desirable qualifications for the award include outstanding leadership, demonstrated creativity, willingness to share, and proven ability to inspire and motivate others for the improvement of the dairy industry.
For more information, contact Dr. Maurice Eastridge firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences Alumni Awards
The CFAES Alumni Society sponsors an annual awards program to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions through their careers. Individuals receive recognition in five categories:
- Meritorious Award: The purpose of the Meritorious Service Award is to give public recognition to non-alumni and/or alumni of the college who have been singularly significant in the college’s quest for excellence.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: The Distinguished Alumni Award gives public recognition to those who have brought distinction to themselves and the college at large through their participation, commitment, and leadership.
- International Alumni Award: The International Alumni Award is presented to outstanding international agriculture alumni representing, supporting, and promoting the college and The Ohio State University around the globe.
- Young Professional Achievement Award: The Young Professional Achievement Award recognizes alumni for their early professional accomplishments. This award provides recognition for these individuals and serves as a stimulus toward further efforts by younger alumni.
- Outstanding Service to the Society Award: The Outstanding Service to the Society Award recognizes a supporter, alumni or non-alumni, of the CFAES Alumni Society and its programs and efforts to provide alumni with opportunities to interact with the society, the college, and the university.
To learn more about these awards and for nomination forms, visit cfaes.osu.edu/students/alumni/awards-and-recognition.
2018 Recipients (click here to read more):
- Michael Day (former faculty member) - Meritorious Service Award
- Ming-Tsao Chen (`77, PhD, Animal Science) - International Alumni Award
- Kevin Fath (`10, BS, Animal Science) - Young Professional Award
Past Recipients (click here for a list of past recipients related to animal sciences)
All Recipients (click here to find lists of all recipients)