To receive full funding consideration for Autumn 2017, application materials are due by December 1, 2017.
Our admission requirements are based on the University’s Graduate School Admission Requirements and apply to the MS, PhD, and MAS programs. To be competitive for admission, applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s or pre-professional degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Minimum GRE score of 300 (verbal plus quantitative)
- International students: TOEFL score of 550 on written exam and 213 on the computer exam and/or a total score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL
- A faculty advisor is required for admission into the MS and PhD programs. A list of potential faculty advisors can be found at https://ansci.osu.edu/our-people/faculty. The MAS program does not require an advisor for admissions.
How to Apply
Admission to the Department of Animal Sciences Graduate Studies Program (MS, MAS, or PhD) is competitive and selective. We strongly encourage applicants to follow the application procedures outlined below in order to be considered for admittance to the program.
Because admittance to the Graduate Studies MS and PhD Programs is dependent upon an available faculty advisor to direct research, applicants who have not made personal contact with faculty members prior to admission may lose the opportunity for admittance. Therefore, applicants should:
- Review research areas within the department
- Identify your research area of interest
- Review faculty profiles
- Contact faculty members to discuss research and study opportunities
Admittance to the MAS Program does not require a faculty advisor to be identified before initiating the program. You will be asked to identify an advisor during the first semester of your program.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Contact information for three references familiar with you academic and/or professional experience
- Test Scores (GRE, TOEFL)
OSU Graduate School: Link
Graduate and Professionals Admissions: Link