A select number of associateships and fellowships are available to qualified MS and PhD students once they are admitted.
Half-time and quarter-time graduate research associateships (GRAs) are available to selected students. Stipends for graduate associateships vary from year to year but are competitive with other leading institutions.
Tuition/University fees are waived for graduates who received a graduate associateship or fellowship appointment 50 percent or over. Each graduate assistant (GA) is responsible for paying all additional fees such as college/technology fees, COTA bus pass fee, student activity fee, and recreational facility fee. A health insurance subsidy of 85 percent is also included. Additional information is available on the student employee benefits page.
Fellowships are available to outstanding students who show the potential to be successful in their graduate program. Fellowships are highly competitive and based on the prospective student’s GPA, letters of recommendation, and statement of purpose. Some fellowships are available to minority or foreign students.
Competitive associateships and fellowships are available through the University Graduate School Fellowships and through the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC).
If you are interested in applying for University Fellowships you must check the appropriate box on your admissions application.
Deadline for U.S. applicants: December 1
Deadline for international applicants: December 1
Visit the proposal opportunities pages on this web site (see Related Content above right) for additional funding resources.
- Edward J. Ray Travel Award for Scholarship and Service (three funding periods per year)
- Career Development Grant (funding periods for fall, spring, and summer)
- Global Gateway Graduate Student Research Abroad Grant (one funding period per year)
The Ohio State University Graduate School
- Professional Development Grants
- Women of Color Advancement Grants
- Marianna Russell Technology Grant
Ohio State Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Pelotonia Fellowship Program (cancer related)
North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education
- Graduate Student Grant Program (proposals due in spring)
USDA NIFA AFRI