Meat Science 4510 Product Show
A variety of meat products were on display during the Meat Science 4510 annual product show. Students in the processed meats class learned how to manufacture meat products throughout the semester and for their final project they used this newly formed knowledge to make their own processed meat products. Attendees taste-tested and evaluated the selection of products based on taste, presentation, likely to purchase in a store, and other criteria.
Winners from the product show are: Culley Emerson - Best of Show, Emma Gurney - Best Presentation, and Grace Praisler - Most Innovative Product.
What will you make for the next product show in December 2023? If you are interested in Meat Science 4510, contact Dr. Lynn Knipe (email@example.com) or Dr. Ben Bohrer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Product Show Participants:
- Culley Emerson – Whole Muscle Boneless Ham for Food Service
- Emma Gurney – Summer Sausage for Retail
- Alex Incarnato – Pre-Cooked Pork Chops for Retail
- Macee Mercure – Semi-Boneless Ham for Food Service
- Grace Praisler – Pastrami for Food Service
- Lucinda Sisler – Bratwurst Patty for Retail