Department of Animal Sciences alumni and current graduate students received awards at the 2020 American Society of Animal Sciences (ASAS)-American Dairy Science Association (ADSA) Midwest Annual Meeting. The meeting was held March 2-4 in Omaha, NE. Animal Sciences Professor, Dr. Steven Moeller, is serving as President of the ASAS Midwest Section for 2019-2020 and played an important role in the planning and execution of the meeting.
2020 Award Winners
- Outstanding Early Career Agribusiness Award: Dr. Bo Harstine ('11, MS in Animal Sciences and '13, PhD in Animal Sciences)
- Animal Science Young Scholar Award: Dr. Jerad Jaborek ('19, PhD in Animal Sciences)
- Dairy Science Young Scholar Award: OSU Nutrition PhD candidate Alex Tebbe ('17, MS in Animal Sciences)
- Dairy Science Young Scholar Award: Univ of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign PhD candidate Danielle Coleman ('15, BS in Animal Sciences and '17, MS in Animal Sciences)
- 3rd Place Graduate Student Oral Competition MSII: MS student Nicole Hardy
- Quantifying mammary growth and proliferative effects of estradiol in Holstein heifer calves.
- 3rd Place Graduate Student Oral Competition PhD: PhD Student Kirsten Nickles
- Intranasal oxytocin improves plasma non-esterified fatty acids but not distance walked or cortisol concentrations at weaning.