The Department of Animal Sciences students, organizations, faculty and staff were recognized in multiple categories at The College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) Celebration of Students Program. The celebration was held in the Archie Griffin Ballroom in the Ohio Union on April 4, 2019.
The CFAES Celebration of Students is one of the most highly anticipated events of the academic year. It is a celebration of student excellence as well as a time to show appreciation for the contributions made by faculty, staff, and friends outside the college to improve the student experience. More than 600 guests attend each year, making it one of the largest student-run events on the Ohio State campus.
The following were award recipients from Animal Sciences:
- CFAES Distinguished Seniors: Anna Garrett, Heather Pechtl, Ariel Taylor, Megan Whalin, and Emily Winson
- Rodney F. Plimpton Outstanding Young Faculty Award – Lyda Garcia, Assistant Professor
- Outstanding Academic Advisor Award – Masa Williams, Equine/Livestock Program Specialist
- CFAES Internship Award for Animal Sciences – Jade Hettick (junior, Creston, OH)
- Student Organization Excellence Awards:
- Leadership/Professional Development – Pre-Vet Club
- Collaboration – Animal Science Community Alliance
- Active Citizenship – Animal Science Community Alliance
- Newcomb Scholars (the top five students of each class based on GPA) –
- Courtney Baker (senior, Big Prairie, OH)
- Natalie Prischak (senior, Erie, PA)
- Megan Whalin (senior, Stockport, OH)