The Ohio State University Dairy Judging Team had a busy autumn semester. Their season started with managing the parlor at the Ohio State Fair. The first week of September, they made a trip to the Maryland State Fairgrounds for a Dairy Judging Boot Camp. Coach Bonnie Ayars believes the best summary for dairy judging is, “I have often remarked that many activities for youth are deposits, yet dairy judging is a major investment.”
Autumn 2018 Contests and Results
- Big E Intercollegiate Dairy Judging Contest
- Team Results: 2nd in Reasons and 5th team overall. High team in Ayrshires, 3rd in Swiss, 4th in Guernseys, 5th in Holsteins, and 2nd in Jerseys.
- Individual Results: Hannah Dye finished 3rd high individual and won reasons. Skylar Buehl was 10th high individual.
- 50th Pennsylvania All-American Dairy Judging Contest
- Team Results: Sixth team overall, 2nd in Brown Swiss.
- Individual Results: Hannah Dye finished 2nd high individual.
- National Intercollegiate Dairy Cattle Judging Contest
- Team Results: Tenth overall as a team.
- Individual Results: Kate Sherman finished 5th high individual and 9th in reasons.
- North American International Livestock Exposition (NAILE) International Dairy Judging Contest
- Team Results: Third place overall and 3rd in reasons. They also placed in the top 5 of four breeds (2nd in Guernseys, 3rd in Jerseys, 5th in Holsteins and Ayrshires).
- Individual Results: Ian Lokai was 3rd high individual and 5th in reasons. Billy Smith was 7th high individual.