The Ohio State Livestock Judging Team spent the last part of the autumn semester preparing for the National Western Stock Show (NWSS). NWSS will be held in Denver during January.
The team traveled over 3,000 miles and judged over 50 classes of cattle, sheep, goats and hogs.
The team would like to thank the following groups for allowing them to stop and evaluate their livestock:
- OSU Beef Farm
- Stitzlein Club Lambs
- Lowderman Cattle Company
- Griswold Cattle Company
- Lucky Strike Cattle
- Pfieffer Show Goats
- Express Ranch
- Hurlman Club Lambs
- Ty Allen Club Lambs
- Fitzler Farms
- Weisinger Farms
The team had success during the Keystone International Livestock Exposition in October.
- Team Results:High team overall. High team in reasons and swine.
- Individual Highlights :
- Caleb Penwell - 3rd high individual , 1st in reasons, 1st in swine
- Garrett Stickley - 4th high individual, 2nd in Reasons, 2nd in swine
- Brooke Anderson - 8th in swine
- Taylor Andrews - 4th in sheep