The Department of Animal Sciences had many faculty and a PhD student presenting at the American Dairy Science Association Annual Meeting. The top departmental honor went to Dr. William "Bill" Weiss, OARDC/Animal Sciences. Weiss was inducted into the third group of the Journal of Dairy Science (JDS) Club 100. The JDS Club 100 was begun in 2017 to celebrate the 100th volume of the JDS and to recognize individuals who have authored or coauthored 100 or more papers in the journal. New members will be inducted into the JDS Club 100 each year as they reach this significant milestone. Only 7 members have previously been inducted. Weiss also presented a paper at the Annual Meeting.
Other Animal Sciences participants who presented papers, posters, or spoke in symposiums:
- Dr. Jeffrey Firkins, Professor
- Dr. Alvaro Garcia Guerra, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Chanhee Lee, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Luis Moraes, Assistant Professor
- Alex Tebbe, PhD student
- Dr. Benjamin Wenner, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Zhongtang Yu, Professor
The 2019 ADSA Annual Meeting was held June 23-26 in Cincinnati.