The American Jersey Cattle Association has a full time position available in the Herd Services department.
Provide excellent customer service by marketing, answering questions and offering information
I. Herd Services
- Process registrations and transfers (by all methods) as well as help troubleshoot associated problems with customers and field staff
- Process automatic registrations via Timesavers and Jersey Link
- Process transfers for all JMS public and private treaty sales
- Complete request for documentation from foreign herdbooks
- Download herd and heifer inventory reports from PCDart
- Issue new customer numbers, process address changes and other changes as requested
- Process updates and corrections to animal pedigrees
- Process reserved prefix applications
- Process updates, corrections, and investigative missing lactations
- Provide back up with daily run and mailing to customers
- Assist with monthly and quarterly departmental mailings and filings
II. Jersey Tags
- Process Jersey Tag orders and provide support to staff and customers
- Assist with weekly auto-tag orders
III. Genomics - Parentage Verification
- Assist with ordering genomic test kits requested by staff and customers
- Assist with providing parentage results from genomic testing and troubleshooting problems
- Assist with pedigree updates based on parentage conflicts
IV. Appraisal Program
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Herd Services Manager
- Provide back-up receptionist duties. To include, but not limited to, routing calls, incoming faxes, and packages.
- Provide back-up and general assistance in the mailroom
- Other duties as assigned
Placement Standards: Organized, self-motivated and detail oriented individual possessing general office knowledge and computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong written and oral communications skills. Position requires frequent contact with members and dairy industry professionals. Ability to multitask and prioritize assignment. General knowledge of agriculture and/or the dairy industry a plus.
Posted March 1, 2021
Use this link to submit your letter of application and résumé to Erick Metzger, Herd Services Manager, 6486 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-2362. Applications may also be submitted by fax at 614/861-8040 or by email with “Herd Services Assistant” in the Subject Line of the message. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.