USTA 2017 Summer Intern Position
Job Title: Information and Research Intern
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Information Research Associate
Status: Non Exempt
Perform tasks related to the gathering, compilation, and dissemination of racing and breeding data for the USTA, its members and customers. Responsible for providing quality assurance as it relates to the performance data transmitted to the USTA by its member tracks and other registries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce, analyze, edit, format and proofread sale catalog pedigrees
Job Requirements & Qualifications
• Minimum of one year college education in an equine studies or related program
• A brief training period is required at USTA offices in Columbus, Ohio
• Extensive Harness Racing Experience demonstrated through knowledge of current events, understanding of basic terminology, and interest in sport
• Experience with a Horse Sales company is a plus
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas in written and verbal format
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel and Word
Physical Requirements: This job requires the ability to work on a computer for most of the day.
Working Conditions/Environment: 100% indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be required to work some weekends and nights.
Interested candidate should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Blough -- Director, Human Resources