McCarty Family Farms is seeking a motivated student to spend the summer learning and understanding all aspects of our unique business. They are a 4th generation family farm that relocated from northeast Pennsylvania to western Kansas in the late 90’s. What started as one farm is now four farms and a processing plant with a direct supply agreement with the Dannon yogurt company. Check out this brochure for more information.
Interns will be working directly with managers and ownership to learn the following items
- Parlor operation and efficiency
- Artificial insemination performance and monitoring
- Feeding performance and expectations
- Employee organization and goal setting
- Animal welfare standards and why they are so important
- Employee training and education
- Flow of raw milk from the farms to our processing plant
- Why we do what we do
- Agricultural background
- Ability to work alongside livestock
- Willingness to work long hours
- Ability to travel between locations.
This will be a paid internship and housing will be provided
How to apply:
Please send all resume’s to email@example.com . To contact us directly feel free to call our office at (785) 460-0596.