Red Arrow Farms, a small family farm located in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, is seeking a summer intern to assist in all aspects of farm management, animal husbandry, and markets.
Red Arrow Farms has approximately 65 grass-fed Hereford/Angus cross beef animals and about a dozen bee hives. Products are sold at local farmer's markets during the summer. The farm's products are all natural, with no hormones or chemical supplements.
Duties would include (but may not be limited to):
- Daily animal care assting in moving animals between pastures
- Loading animals for slaughter
- Fence repair and other farm maintenance
- Preparing products for and assisting with two weekly farmer's markets
- Assisting in hive maintenance and honey collection.
Any ideas an intern has to improve operation are welcome and a project of their interest may be incorporated into their summer experience if feasible.
- Salary: $10 per hour
- Start: Appx. May 15th
- Finish: Any point upon allowing the intern at least 300 hours of work experience
- Possibility of housing at farm if intern does not live locally
- Must have transportation and a clean driving record
To apply, e-mail a copy of your resume and a cover letter to Amy Robinson. If you have questions, please call (207) 283-0712