The NPFDA (National Poultry & Food Distributors Association) Scholarship Foundation is entering its 38th year of scholarship assistance. Every year, they award five $2,500.00 scholarships to students in the fields of poultry science, food science, agricultural economics/marketing, Food Marketing and related poultry and business fields of study.
Interested students may apply for the 2017-2018 academic year scholarships by completing the attached application and sending it along with a 1 page letter explaining their career goals. You will also need a letter of recommendation from a professor, department head, advisor or dean.
The application, and letter of recommendation must reach the NPFDA office no later than May 31, 2017. Transcripts MUST arrive by June 10th. Materials may arrive separately. Selection and notification will be completed by July 15th.
Please send to:
The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
2014 Osborne Rd
St. Marys, GA 31558
Applications received after the May 31, 2017 deadline will not be considered.
Selection criteria for the scholarship will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Students must be in their Junior or Senior (college) year when they receive the scholarship - therefore may be a sophomore or Junior when applying.
2. Consideration of academic excellence.
3. Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student in a U.S. University/College.
4. Past and current involvement in poultry, agriculture and food business related activities.
5. Professional objectives of the student.
For more information, check out the attached document.