The National Turkey Federation is currently accepting internship applications for the Fall 2019 semester in our Washington, D.C. office. They seek a recent graduate or a currently enrolled junior or senior with a desire to learn about and advocate for the turkey industry. Pursuit of, or degree in, poultry science or animal science is strongly desired but not mandatory. Their internship is paid, and they will assist candidates with finding housing. NTF is proud to offer internships during the fall, spring and summer terms.
This competitive internship strives to provide a strong understanding of the legislative and regulatory process, communications management and trade association structure. Interns will have the opportunity to:
· Attend meetings with other agriculture organizations.
· Attend Congressional hearings and briefings.
· Draft messages to reach key stakeholders.
· Assist Governmental Affairs team with critical projects.
· Visit a turkey production facility.
They ask that candidates send a resume, a letter of recommendation and a cover letter by close of business on Friday, June 14th. See the attached for more information.