Job Description/Essential Duties: Animal Care Technician (FULL TIME).
An animal care technician works one-on-one with our research animals to maintain their quality of life and health while in our facility.
- Animal care technicians must to be able to review, comprehend and comply with all QTest Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Assurance Standards pertaining to your job (provided by QTest Labs).
- Daily duties:
- Clean animal rooms and cages
- Feed/water all animals
- Administer medication (oral or injectable) as needed (training provided)
- Document clinical observations of each animal in the facility and alert veterinary staff of any abnormal findings
- Update and maintain animal records
- Laundry and upkeep of facility
- Document animal room census and temperature/humidity for quality control and assurance of compliance with regulations
- Demonstrate effective communication with the veterinary staff to ensure utmost quality care of animals
- Weekly duties:
- Enrich and exercise animals
- Stock operating and procedure rooms
- Record vitals/weights on facility animals
- Sterilize animal rooms, cages, bowls, toys, etc.
- Other duties:
- Receive new animals and make charts when necessary
- Ideal candidates would have animal science background or previous husbandry experience with animals ranging from rodents to farm animals, or any experience with animal handling and care.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Background check is required.
- Training is available for any candidate interested in learning
- Pre-employment health screening is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Scientific knowledge demonstrated by previous scientific coursework, and/or prior work experience in a scientific setting is a plus, but not required.
- Basic understanding of veterinary clinical processes helpful, but not required.
- Potential candidates should possess the ability to demonstrate strong teamwork orientation, oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, organization, motivation to achieve work goals with minimum daily oversight, and demonstrate accountability in performance of daily responsibilities.
Our animals are taken care of Sunday through Saturday, 365 days/year.
Weekday hours: Monday-Friday
- First shift: 7am-3pm
- Second shift: 9am-5pm
Weekend/Holiday hours: Saturday, Sunday & all observed Holidays
- First shift: 7am-11am
- Second shift start time varies: 12-1pm – 6pm
- Starting pay is $11-13/hr based on experience
- Pay increase and healthcare opportunities available.
QTest Labs, LLC., is an equal opportunity employer
Resumes always accepted during periods of not hiring
All candidate resumes send to Ashley Stiffler email@example.com