Position Overview: The Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) will have the primary responsibility for overseeing the animal husbandry on a day-to-day and study-to-study basis. The LAT will perform daily animal care and daily routine cleaning of labs and offices. Additionally, the LAT will perform study-specific skill sets as required. These skill sets may be, but not limited to, study room set-up, environmental logs, animal logs, shipping and handling, data collection, and quality control of data. The LAT will be trained and signed off on all aspects of the job description, as well as the GLP’s. The LAT is responsible for reading and following all pertinent SOPs related to the job description and facility.
Essential Job Functions:
· Husbandry for all animals in the facility, including appropriate environmental conditions.
· Handling animals to assist in study-related activities.
· Receiving animals per specific SOP.
· Maintaining and reviewing accurate animal records.
· Report any abnormal animal observations to Study Director and Attending Veterinarian in a timely manner.
· Cleaning and maintaining facility.
· Full Time and Part time Hours Available.
Non-essential Job Functions:
· Maintenance of front office (cleaning, organization, trash, vacuum, etc.).
· Physical ability to move and lift animals and cages.
· Able to work with and handle a variety of animal species.
· Knowledge of computers and software systems (i.e., Excel, Word, Power Point).
· Interaction with personnel, vendors, and clients.
For more information, contact Jay Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-760-0800.