Fellowships are available to undergraduate students of junior or senior standing in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field who have successfully completed two years of East Asian language study at the college level. Summer 2018 fellowships are expected to cover $5,000 in tuition and fees and also provide a $2,500 stipend. Academic Year 2018-2019 fellowships are expected to contribute $10,000 towards tuition and fees and also provide a $5,000 stipend. Subject to approval, FLAS fellowships may also be used for foreign language and area studies at other U.S. or foreign institutions. For detailed award guidelines and application procedures, see the link above or attend one of EASC's FLAS information sessions.
Information sessions will be held in 100 Enarson Classroom Building (2009 Millikin Road), as follows:
· Monday, November 20, 2017, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
· Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
· Thursday, November 30, 2017, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
· Friday, December 1, 2017, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
· Monday, December 4, 2017, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
· Wednesday, December 6, 2017, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Please RSVP to email@example.com with your name and the date of the session you plan to attend.
Applications are due Thursday, February 1, 2018. Any questions about the East Asian Studies Center FLAS Fellowship program should be directed to Amy Carey.