Application deadline: February 2
Oink Moo Cluck Farms is seeking a farm business management intern to assist with its day-to-day operations during the spring, summer, and fall seasons. Internship tasks include:
- Develop and implement farm marketing efforts
- Basic banking and accounting for the farm
- Completing purchase orders for products and farm inputs
- Coordinating logistics for and fulfilling customer orders
- Managing customer relationships
- Represent farm regularly at farmers markets and other events
- Seeking new sales opportunities at farmers markets and with specialized retail outlets [restaurants etc].
- Animal care and farm work as needed
Qualified applicants should possess basic proficiency in marketing efforts, social media management, finance, tracking inventory, and animal husbandry. Ideal candidates will be self-starters, creative, effective communicators, sales-oriented, organized, capable of focusing on details, personable with customers, and have a mind towards growing the company. Applicants from farm backgrounds are preferred but not required. Current juniors and seniors are also preferred, but all applicants will be considered.
Apply via Hireabuckeye with the Job ID: 25296841.
The hours are part-time during school semesters and full-time during the summer, with Saturday work required.
The farm is located in Sunbury, OH (Rt 36 just north of Columbus), but the processing facility is located in northern Ohio.
Although this is advertised as an internship, it can become a full-time, year-round job after graduation. Graduating students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.