This summer, be an intern in one of 12 OSU Extension offices, and make a difference! Apply by February 19, 2017
Whether you are passionate about food issues, agriculture, helping youth, the environment, or healthy people and communities, there is an internship opportunity for you! Interns can apply to work in one of 12 locations throughout Ohio (see chart below).
Through this paid internship, you will work closely with a local OSU Extension educator as he or she teaches classes, works with volunteers and makes a difference in the community. As an intern, you will learn how you can use your education to make a difference in people’s lives and how what you are learning in college can have an impact on some of the most pressing issues facing Ohioans. Your intern work may include:
- Planning, helping or teaching community classes, day camps, field days or fairs
- Attending meetings with community leaders and volunteers
- Developing news articles, exhibits, brochures, marketing materials, and resources for educational curriculum
- Using social media and technology to share research-based information
- Participating in field research, helping with literature reviews, and testing new methods and curriculum
- Working with youth through 4-H activities, county fair, camps and project judgings
To be considered for one of these 12 paid internships, you must complete two years of college by June 1, 2017. Review the chart below to determine the internship in which you may be interested. You may apply for multiple positions with one application.
By February 19, 2017 (11:59 pm), submit the following to the address on the application form Attach to the application form:
- A cover letter
- A letter of recommendation from a professor, current or past advisor or past employer
For more information, visit this site!