There is a 4-H Animal Sciences Intern position that will be available starting March 6, 2017. Please see the attached job description.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the development and preparation of Skillathon, Judging Contest, and Avian Bowl materials for the 2017 Ohio State Fair (OSF) Youth Events
2. Assist with organization, registration, and conducting the above youth events
3. Assist with Skillathons, Judging Contest, and Avian Bowl implementation, scoring and awards
4. Assist in preparation of the 2017 OSF Report of Results for Animal Sciences Events
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE INTERN SHOULD GAIN:
1. Knowledge about livestock, performance and companion animal species
2. The process to develop and prepare educational materials for youth animal sciences events
3. Communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with OSU faculty and staff, adult volunteers, and OSF Department Directors
4. Communication skills to effectively interact with adult and youth clientele
Send current resume by deadline to Dr. Lucinda Miller. Resumes should be sent by Friday, February 10.