CFAES Career Development Drop In Hours
Do you have quick career related question? If so, the CFAES Career Drop In Hours are for you. Drop in hours are all virtual through the Zoom link below. During the times of Drop In hours all you have to do is click on a the link and a Career Advisor will be on the other side. We are excited to talk with you! See below for the days and times.
- Tuesday - 1:30-3:00pm
- Wednesday – 9:00-11:30am
- Friday – 10:00-4:00pm
Career Fair Week (February 16-18)
Over 100 employers and organizations are waiting to talk to you about internships, jobs, grad school, and so much more. Learn about careers in your field, network with employers, and learn about job and internship opportunities.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Register at the following links. (Required!)
- Select your 1:1 conversations (10 minutes) or group info sessions (30 minutes) with employers
- Show up on day of event in Handshake!
Event Facts and Tips:
- No waiting in lines. You set your own schedule between 1-5pm.
- Employers are recruiting for internships, jobs, part-time work, grad schools, and more!
- More company interview timeslots added every day!
- It will look like some employers do not have times available. They are working on it. Please be sure to check Handshake regularly, as employers are continuing to add sessions the closer we get to the event.
- Follow an employer to be notified when they add more sessions to their schedule.
Interview Skills Workshop
Getting ready for the job market? Think you can wing your interview questions? Think again. Acing the interview takes preparation and practice. At this workshop, you will learn how to answer the toughest questions employers ask and how demonstrate that you are the best person for the job.
- Monday, February 8
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Career Fair Prep Workshop
Career fairs will once again be hosted virtually in the Spring. The CFAES Career Development Office is here to support students and ensure that you have the necessary tools to connect with employers. From activating your Handshake profile, to connecting your video on the day-of, and everything in between – this workshop will answer your questions and help you to prepare for a successful Virtual Career Fair experience.
Students can register for the workshop on Handshake (handshake.osu.edu): https://osu.joinhandshake.com/events/657344/share_preview
Date: February 11
Time: 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Zoom Link: https://go.osu.edu/cfaes_careerworkshop
Let Your Voice Be Heard at CFAES Student Council
The CFAES Undergraduate Student Council is now open to all undergraduate CFAES students. All students of the college are welcome to attend to bring forth any ideas, concerns, or changes they have for the college in council general meetings! Meetings this semester are on every other Thursday at 5:30pm!
Please email council to get the zoom link to take part, or submit any questions, concerns, comments, or ideas to our anonymous feedback form found on our website at https://students.cfaes.ohio-state.edu/campus-life/clubs-and-organizations/college-organizations/cfaes-student-council
*Voting is reserved for council members only*
Not sure what our student council is or does? Check out the website to watch a video explaining more!