Cargill Animal Nutrition provides customized animal productivity solutions to commercial producers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Rather than focusing on standardized nutrition products, they create customized ingredient blends and management programs to fit each situation. Their research-proven management and nutrition technologies suit the specific needs of a diverse array of customers. All their animal nutrition and management experts offer the scope and creativity to serve the unique needs of each customer.
As a research intern, students will be responsible for coordinating research trials and collecting data on the health and growth of young calves. Students will learn more about Cargill Animal Nutrition and the wide variety of career opportunities within the business. Challenging projects, along with the chance to interact with various Cargill employees make this a valuable work experience. In addition students will;
- Work closely with the Nurture Research Center staff and assist with the execution of calf research protocols,
- Collect samples and data from young dairy calves, including (but not limited to) blood, urine, feces, weight, height and other data,
- Order research supplies and prepare treatments as outlined by protocol,
- Enter, organize and manage large data sets,
- Learn how to plate radial immunodiffusion assays and evaluate passive transfer or immunity,
- Provide critical input to the research and development team.