The National Turkey Federation is currently accepting internship applications for the Summer 2020 semester in our Washington, D.C. office. They are seeking a recent graduate or a currently enrolled senior/ junior with a desire to learn about and advocate for the turkey industry. Pursuit of, or degree in, poultry science or animal science is strongly desired but not mandatory. The internship is paid, and assistance will be given to candidates to find housing.
This competitive internship strives to provide a strong understanding of the legislative and regulatory process, communications management and trade association structure. Interns will have the opportunity to:
· Attend meetings with other agriculture organizations.
· Attend Congressional hearings and briefings.
· Draft messages to reach key stakeholders.
· Assist Governmental Affairs team with critical projects.
· Visit a turkey production facility.
They ask that candidates send a resume, a letter of recommendation and a cover letter by close of business on Friday, March 27th to the Rebecca Mackey at firstname.lastname@example.org