South Wind Stables in Pataskala, OH is seeking 1-2 interns for immediate start who are interested in developing their knowledge and skill in equine management, development and care. The facility specializes in developing horses of a variety of breeds and interests, houses 17 horses, has riding trails on 60 acres, and an indoor arena of 80x200.
South Wind has a welcoming and easy going stable environment that offers the intern the opportunity to become knowledgeable about and engaged in:
- English and Western Dressage
- Working with horses of a wide variety of breeds
- Stable management and practices from customer service and contracts to the financial aspects of the business
- Veterinary care
- Stable housekeeping
- Show management (4 summer schooling shows on premises)
- Opportunities for acting as scribe at schooling shows to increase your knowledge of performance expectations
- Pasture management
- Farrier, chiropractic, acupuncture awareness
- Mare and foal care - there was a foal born May 2014
- Equine behavior, confidence, body language
For more info, contact Amy Rothe-Hietter at 614-218-9217.