The National Pork Board is seeking candidates to apply for their 2017 internship program. To learn about these exciting opportunities, please see the descriptions below. The Pork Board is funded through a market checkoff collection on sales of market swine in the United States. They are charged with effectively serving U.S. pork producers through the development of educational programs, coordination of research projects, and increasing the demand for pork meat in domestic and international markets.
Criteria for applying:
• Internships will begin approximately May 15, 2017 and continue through approximately August 11, 2017.
• All internships are paid, and candidates are expected to work full-time for 12 weeks. All positions are based in Clive, IA.
• All interns will be expected to secure their own housing for the summer.
• Application deadline is November 30, 2016. Interviews will take place in December 2016 with positions being filled early 2017.
• Please indicate in the subject line which internship you would like to be considered.
• Interested candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and writing samples if needed, via email to:
Intern@pork.org (Microsoft Word or PDF formats only)
• No phone calls please.
See the following attachments for full job descriptions of all available internships:
Producer Services/Outreach Intern
Science and Technology Intern- Animal Science
Science and Technology Intern- Veterinary Student