Colorado State University (CSU) and the National Western Stock Show (NWSS) have partnered to bring together industry experts for a multi-day event to discuss global livestock and meat production. The fourth annual International Livestock Forum (ILF) will be held in Fort Collins, CO on January 5-6, 2018, in conjunction with the NWSS in Denver, CO. As part of the ILF, a student-only program and tour will be provided for selected students on January 4th and 5th, as well as an additional day of student-only tours at the NWSS on January 7th.
The 2018 ILF will bring together industry leaders, government professionals, members of academia to discuss domestic and international livestock and food production. Fellows of the 2018 ILF will experience unique tours of some of Colorado's top agricultural enterprises, behind-the-scenes access to the National Western Stock Show, and a full day of networking and interaction with an impressive lineup of keynote speakers and industry panelists. This is a premiere opportunity to engage in the future of international livestock and food production.
All undergraduate and graduate students from any university around the world, pursuing a degree in Animal Science or another agricultural field, are eligible to apply for a travel fellowship to the 2018 International Livestock Forum. Twenty students will be selected for this fellowship.
Selected students will participate in the following (schedule subject to change):
- Thursday, January 4, 2018: Welcome Reception and Industry Speaker in Denver, Colorado;
- Friday, January 5, 2018: Industry tours and ILF kickoff ILF;
- Saturday, January 6, 2018: Impressive lineup of keynote speakers and industry panelists followed by World-famous NWSS Rodeo;
- Sunday, January 7, 2018: Behind-the-scenes tours at the NWSS
Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
- $500 voucher for fellows flying in for the ILF; $100 voucher for students driving to the ILF;
- Four nights of lodging;
- All meals on Friday tour day;
- Complimentary registration for the 2018 ILF, including free meals and an impressive lineup of keynote speakers and elite industry panelists;
- NWSS badge for admission during entire show; one rodeo ticket for Saturday night's Colorado versus the World rodeo at the NWSS.
For full consideration, fellowship applications must be received by midnight (MST) on Friday, October 27th. Fellowship applications, and more information about the 2018 ILF can be found here.