- Use the resume formats provided as guides to writing your own resume.
- Start a resume on a fresh Word document and create the look you desire.
- Utilize the TAB key when creating indentations, not the space bar
- Utilize the programmed bullets in Word, not symbols
- Use more than one example per section if you have them.
- Keep formatting the same through each section.
- Edit your font to adjust the area that your text takes up. Some fonts are slightly larger than others.
- Use a template from a computer program like Word. These templates are often very difficult to update or add content to over time.
- Copy the resume content exactly, even when it doesn’t fit your needs.
- Use differing formats in each section of your resume.
- Copy/paste symbols to use for bullets or lines
- Use any font larger than 12 point. This is obnoxious.