Selecrt Sires is looking for a Livestock Technician! See below for more information. If interested, visit their website to apply.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Serve as a positive representation of the Select Sires, Inc. Mission: To enhance the productivity and profitability of dairy and beef producers, Select Sires is committed to be the premier provider of highly fertile, superior genetics accompanied by effective reproductive- and herd-management products and services.
- Cleansing and maintaining building, grounds, and equipment
- Collect semen using established safety protocols
- Handle bulls in a manner to properly stimulate semen collection
- Operate company vehicles, trucks, trailers, and farm equipment
- Perform general livestock care, including feeding, cleaning, moving bulls and steers, health testing, veterinary treatments, and hoof trimming
The work schedule is Monday through Friday. Shifts vary dependent upon the facility. Shift schedules include 5:30 AM – 2:00 PM, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, 7and 1:00 PM – 9:30 PM. Holiday and weekend work on a rotating schedule is required. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Full-time and part-time positions are available.
COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEE GROWTH AND SUCCESS
Select Sires is a team-oriented atmosphere, encouraging employees to take greater responsibility for their careers to grow both personally and professionally.
- Select Sires offers employees competitive compensation packages that include flexible benefits,
- Professional development though mentoring and internal and external training,
- Advancement opportunities through career planning,
- A culture instilled by a commitment to excellence, a passion for customer success and high ethical standards,
- Focus that includes work/life balance,
- Community oriented mindset as a major contributor to local organizations and events