PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATION (Updated 1/5/2022)
118. Lee J. McCurdy C. Chae C, Hwang J, Karolak MC, Kim DH, Baird CL, Bohrer BM, Lee K. 2021. Myostatin Mutation in Japanese Quail Increased Egg Size but Reduced Eggshell Thickness and Strength. Animals. 12(1):47.
117. Kim JY, Lee B, Kim DH, Lee K, Kim EJ, Choi YM. 2021. Sensory quality and histochemical characteristics of longissimus thoracis muscle between Hanwoo and Holstein steers of different quality grades. Food Science of Animal Resources 41(5):779~787.
116. Mahesh KC, Ngunjiri JM, Ghorbani A, Abundo MEC, Wilbanks KQ, Lee K, Lee CW. 2021. Assessment of TLR3 and MDA5-Mediated Immune Responses Using Knockout Quail Fibroblast Cells. Avian Dis. 65(3):419-428.
115. Kwasek K, Choi YM, Wang H, Lee K, Reddish JM, Wick M. 2021. Proteomic profile and morphological characteristics of skeletal muscle from the fast- and slow-growing yellow perch (Perca flavescens). Sci Rep. 11(1):16272.
114. Lee J, Kim DH, Brower AM, Schlachter I, Lee K. 2021. Effects of Myostatin Mutation on Onset of Laying, Egg Production, Fertility, and Hatchability. Animals. 11(7):1935.
113. Alam MJ, Islam M, Jeon CO, Lee K, Kim SH, Yang CJ, Kabir ME, Lee SS. 2021. In vitro assessment of probiotic potential of selected bacteria isolated from pig faeces with potential application of odour reduction. Int J Vet Sci Med. 9(1):22-30.
112. Kim DH, Lee J, Suh Y, Cressman M, Lee K. 2021. Research Note: Adipogenic differentiation of embryonic fibroblasts of chicken, turkey, duck, and quail in vitro by medium containing chicken serum alone. Poultry Science. 100(8):101277.
111. Lee J, Kim DH, Brower AM, Schlachter I, Lee K. 2021. Improved feed efficiency in quail with targeted genome editing in the myostatin gene. Poultry Science. 100(8):101257.
110. Park I, Goo D, Nam H, Wickramasuriya SS, Lee K, Zimmerman NP, Smith A, Rehberger TG, Lillehoj H. 2021. Effects of dietary maltol on innate immunity, gut health, and growth performance of broiler chickens challenged with Eimeria maxima. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 8:667425.
109. Kim DH, Lee J, Kim S, Lillehoj H, Lee K. 2021. Hypertrophy of Adipose Tissues in Quail Embryos by In Ovo Injection of All-Trans Retinoic Acid. Frontiers in Physiology. 12:681562.
108. Ahn J, Hwang IS, Park MR, Hwang S, Lee K. 2021. Genomic Imprinting at the Porcine DIRAS3 Locus. Animals. 11(5):1315.
107. Lee J, Kim DH, Suh Y, Lee K. 2021. Potential usage of DF-1 cell line as a new cell model for avian adipogenesis. Poultry Science. 100(5):101057.
106. Yu JA, Lee JY, Kim TY, Kang H, Lee SY, Mitiku H, Park J, Lee YH, Chang HB, Lee BH, Lee K, Apostolidis E, Kwon YI. 2021. Immune Modulatory Activities of Arginyl-Fructose (AF) and AF-Enriched Natural Products in In-Vitro and In-Vivo Animal Models. Molecules. 26(8):2251.
105. Ahn J, Hwang IS, Park MR, Hwang S, Lee K. 2021. Genomic Imprinting at the Porcine PLAGL1 Locus and the Orthologous Locus in the Human. Genes. 12(4):541.
104. Kim DH, Choi YM, Suh Y, Shin S, Lee J, Hwang S, Lee SS, Lee K. 2021. Increased myostatin expression and decreased expression of myogenic regulatory factors in embryonic ages in a quail line with muscle hypoplasia. Poultry Science. 100(4):100978.
103. Kim DH, Lee J, Suh Y. Lee K. 2021. Necessity for Validation of Effectiveness of Selected Guide RNA In Silico for Application of CRISPR/Cas9. Molecular Biotechnology. 63:140-149.
102. Kc M, Ngunjiri JM, Lee J, Ahn J, Elaish M, Ghorbani A, Abundo MC, Lee K, Lee C-W. 2020. Avian Toll-Like Receptor 3 (TLR3) Isoforms and Evaluation of TLR3-Mediated Immune Responses Using Knockout Quail Fibroblast Cells. Poultry Science. 99(12):6513-6524.
101. Kim DH, Lee J, Suh Y, Cressman M, Lee K. 2020. All-trans Retinoic Acids induces Adipogenic Differentiation of Chicken Embryonic Fibroblasts and Preadipocytes. Poultry Science. 99(12):7142-7146.
100. An SY, Lee M, Yoon HK, Abekura F, Kim KS, Kim DH, Kim HJ, Lee K, Kim CH, Lee YC. 2020. Regulation of human β-galactoside α2,6-sialyltransferase (hST6Gal I) gene expression during differentiation of human osteoblastic MG-63 cells. Glycoconjugate Journal. 37(6):681–690.
99. Ahn J, Wu H, Lee J, Hwang IS, Yu D, Ahn JS, Lee JW, Hwang S, Lee K. 2020. The Landscape of Genomic Imprinting at the Porcine SGCE/ PEG10 Locus from Methylome and Transcriptome of Parthenogenetic Embryos. g3.401425.2020.
98. Ahn J, Wu H, Lee K. 2020. Integrative Analysis Revealing Human Heart-Specific Genes and Consolidating Heart-Related GWAS Loci. Frontiers in Genetics 11:777.
97. Kim DH, Choi YM, Suh Y, Shin S, Lee J, Hwang S, Lee K. 2020. Association of temporal expression of myostatin with hypertrophic muscle growth in different Japanese quail lines. Poultry Science 99(6): 2926-2930.
96. Lee J, Kim DH, Lee K. 2020. Current Approaches and Applications in Avian Genome Editing. International Journal of Molecular Science 21:E3937.
95. Hwang IS, Park MR, Lee HS, Kwak TU, Son HY, Kang JK, Lee JW, Lee K, Park EW, Hwang S. 2020. Developmental and Degenerative Characterization of Porcine
Parthenogenetic Fetuses during Early Pregnancy. Animals 10(4):622.
94. Kim DH, Lee J, Suh Y, Cressman M, Lee SS, Lee K. 2020. Adipogenic and Myogenic Potentials of Chicken Embryonic Fibroblasts in vitro: Combination of Fatty Acids and Insulin Induces Adipogenesis. Lipids 55(2):163-171.
93. Lee JB, Kim DH, Lee K. 2020. Muscle Hyperplasia in Japanese Quail by Single Amino Acid Deletion in MSTN Propeptide. International Journal of Molecular Science 21:E1504.
92. Ahn J, Wu H, Lee J, Hwang IS, Yu D, Ahn J, Lee JW, Hwang S, Lee K. 2020. Identification of a novel imprinted transcript in the porcine GNAS complex locus using methylome and transcriptome of parthernogenetic fetuses. Genes 11(1). pii: E96.
91. Choi I, Park HB, Ahn JS, Han SH, Lee JB, Lim HT, Yoo CK, Jung EJ, Kim DH, Sun WS, Ramayo-Caldas Y, Kim SG, Kang YJ, Kim YK, Shin HS, Seong PN, Hwang IS, Park BY, Hwang SS, Lee SS, Ryu YC, Lee JH, Ko MS, Lee K, Andersson G, Pérez-Enciso M, Lee JW. 2019. A functional regulatory variant of MYH3 influences muscle fiber-type composition and intramuscular fat content in pigs. PloS Genetics 15(10):e1008279.
90. Chen PR, Suh Y, Shin S, Woodfint RM, Hwang S, Lee K. 2019. Exogenous expression of an alternative splicing variant of myostatin prompts leg muscle fiber hyperplasia in Japanese quail. International Journal of Molecular Science 20:E4617.
89. Mamuad LL, Kim SH, Biswas A, Yu Z, Cho KK, Kim SB, Lee K, Lee SS. 2019. Rumen fermentation and microbial community composition influenced by live Enterococcus faecium supplementation. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology EXPRESS 9:123.
88. Lee JB, Ma J, Lee K. 2019. Direct delivery of adenoviral CRISPR/Cas9 vector into quail blastoderms for generation of knockout birds. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 116:13288-13292.
87. Ahn J, Suh Y, Lee K. 2019. Adipose-specific expression and developmental and nutritional regulation of the gene encoding retinol-binding protein 7 (RBP7) in pigs. Lipids 54:359-367.
86. Coleman DN, Carranza AC, Jin Y, Lee K, Relling AE. 2019. Prepartum fatty acid supplementation in sheep IV. Effect of calcium salts with eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in the maternal and finishing diet on lamb liver and adipose tissue during the lamb finishing period. Journal of Animal Science 97:3071-3088.
85. Ahn J, Woodfint R, Lee J, Wu H, Ma J, Suh Y, Hwang S, Cressman M, Lee K. 2019. Comparative identification and nutritional and physiological regulation of chicken liver-enriched genes. Poultry Science 98:3007-3013.
84. Choi YJ, Garcia L, Lee K. 2019. Correlations of Sensory Quality Characteristics with Intramuscular Fat Content and Bundle Characteristics in Bovine Longissimus Thoracis Muscle. Food Science of Animal Resources 39(2):197-208.
83. Lee B, Lee BJ, Lee YK, Hur SW, Kim KD, Kim KW, Han HS, Shin S, Choe JH, Lee K, Choi YM. 2019. Muscle fiber growth in olive flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus: Fiber hyperplasia at a specific body weight period and continuous hypertrophy. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 90:593-603.
82. Ahn J, Wu H, Lee K. 2019. Integrative Analysis Revealing Human Adipose-Specific Genes and Consolidating Obesity Loci. Scientific Reports 9(1):3087.
81. Kim DH, Lee JW, Lee K. 2019. Supplementation of all-trans retinoic acid below cytotoxic levels promotes adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Lipids 54:99-107.
80. Woodfint R, Hanmlin E, Lee K. 2018. Avian Bioreactor Systems: A Review. Molecular Biotechnology 60(12):975-983.
79. Ahn J, Kim DH, Suh Y, Lee JW, Lee K. 2018. Adipose-specific expression of mouse Rbp7 gene and its developmental and metabolic changes. Gene 670:38-45.
78. Biswas A, Lee SS, Mamuad L, Kim SH, Choi YJ, Lee C, Lee K, Bae GS, Lee S. 2018. Effects of illite supplementation on in vitro and in vivo rumen fermentation, microbial population and methane emission of Hanwoo steers fed high concentrate diets. Animal Science Journal 89(1):114-121.
77. Ahn J, Wu H, Suh Y, Carranza AC, Relling AE, Shin S, Lee SS, Lee K. 2017. Comparative sequence analysis and adipose-specific expression of G0S2 and ATGL in sheep. Small Ruminant Research 153:1-4.
76. Mamuad LL, Kim SH, Choi YJ, Soriano AP, Cho KK, Lee K, Bae GS, Lee SS. 2017. Increased propionate concentration in Lactobacillus mucosae fermented wet brewers grains and during in vitro rumen fermentation. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 123:29-40.
75. Ahn J, Park YJ, Lee TJ, Jeon Y-J, Croce CM, Suh Y, Hwang S, Kwon WS, Pang MG, Kim CH, Lee SS, Lee K. 2017. Comparative expression profiling of testis-enriched genes regulated during the development of spermatogonial cells. PloS One. 12(4):e0175787.
74. Ahn J, Lee J, Park JY, Oh KB, Hwang S, Lee C, Lee K. 2017. Targeted genome editing in a quail cell line using a customized CRISPR/Cas9 system. Poultry Science 96(5):1445-1450.
73. Woodfint RM, Chen PR, Ahn J, Suh Y, Hwang S, Lee SS, Lee K. 2017. Identification of the MUC2 Promoter as a Strong Promoter for Intestinal Gene Expression through Generation of Transgenic Quail Expressing GFP in Gut Epithelial Cells. International Journal of Molecular Science. 18(1):E196.
72. Kwon DJ, Kim DH, Hwang IS, Kim DE, Kim HJ, Kim JS, Lee K, Im GS, Lee JW, Hwang S. 2017. Generation of α-1,3-Galactosyltransferase Knocked-out Transgenic Cloned Pigs with Knocked-in 5 Human Genes. Transgenic Research 26(1):153-163.
71. Biswas AA, Mamuad LL, Kim SH, Choi YJ, Avedoza CG, Bae GS, Lee K, Lee SS. 2016. Use of lysozyme as a feed additive on in vitro rumen fermentation and methane emission. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 29(11):1601-1607.
70. Choi YM, Hwang S, Lee K. 2016. Comparison of muscle fiber and meat quality characteristics in different Japanese quail lines. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 29 (9): 1331-1337.
69. Chen PR, Lee K. 2016. Invited Review: Inhibitors of myostatin as methods of enhancing muscle growth and development. Journal of Animal Science. 94(8):3125-3134.
68. Shin S, Ahn J, Suh Y, Moeller SJ, Hwang S, Lee K. 2016. Isolation and in vitro validation of cardiac muscle-specific promoters in pigs. Cellular and Molecular Biology. 62: 123.
67. Song KH, Kwak CH, Jin UH, Ha SH, Park JY, Abekura F, Chang YC, Cho SH, Lee K, Chung TW, Ha KT, Lee YC, Kim CH. 2016. Housekeeping promoter 5'pcmah-2 of pig CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase gene for NeuGc expression. Glycoconjugate Journal. 3:779-788.
66. Choi YM, Chen PR, Shin S, Zhang J, Hwang S, Lee K. 2016. Mild heat stress enhances differentiation and proliferation of Japanese quail myoblasts with slow muscle fiber characteristics. Poultry Science. 95 (8):1912-1917.
65. Ha SW, Lee JM, Kwon KM, Kwak CH, Abekura F, Park JY, Cho SH, Lee K, Chang YC, Lee YC, Choi HJ, Chung TW, Ha KT, Kim CH. 2016. Exogenous and endogeneous disialosyl ganglioside GD1b induces apoptosis of MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. International Journal of Molecular Science. 17(5):E652.
64. Chen PR, Shin S, Choi YM, Kim E, Han JY, Lee K. 2016. Overexpression of G0/G1 Switch Gene 2 in Adipose Tissue of Transgenic Quail Inhibits Lipolysis Associated with Egg Laying. International Journal of Molecular Science. 17(3):E384.
63. Shin S, Song Y, Ahn J, Kim E, Chen P, Yang S, Suh Y, Lee K. 2015. A Novel Mechanism of Myostatin Regulation by Its Alternative Splicing Variant during Myogenesis in Avian Species. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology. 309: C650–C659.
62. Caetano-Anolles K, Seo M, Rodriguez-Zas S, Oh JD, Han JY, Lee K, Park TS, Shin S, Jiao Jiao Z, Ghosh M, Jeong DK, Cho S, Kim H, Song KD, Lee HK. 2015. Comprehensive Identification of Sexual Dimorphism-Associated Differentially Expressed Genes in Two-Way Factorial Designed RNA-Seq Data on Japanese Quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica). PLoS One. 29;10(9):e0139324.
61. Zhang J, Suh Y, Choi YM, Chen PR, Davis ME, Lee K. 2015. Differential expression of cell cycle regulators during hyperplastic and hypertrophic growth of broiler subcutaneous adipose tissue. Lipids. 50(10):965-76.
60. Wang Y, Lee K, Moon YS, Ahmadian M, Kim KH, Roder K, Kang C, Sul HS. 2015. Overexpression of pref-1 in pancreatic islet β-cells in mice causes hyperinsulinemia with increased islet mass and insulin secretion. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 461:630-635.
59. Zhang J, Ahn J, Suh Y, Hwang SS, Davis ME, Lee K. 2015. Identification of CTLA2A, DEFB29, WFDC15B, SERPINA1F and MUP19 as novel tissue-specific secretory factors in mouse. PLoS One. 10(5):e0124962.
58. Ahn J, Shin S, Suh Y, Park JY, Hwang SS, Lee K. 2015. Identification of the avian RBP7 gene as a new adipose-specific gene and RBP7 promoter-driven GFP expression in adipose tissue of transgenic quail. PLoS One. 10:e0124768.
57. Shin S, Choi YM, Suh Y, Lee K. 2015. Delta-Like 1 Homolog (DLK1) Inhibits Proliferation and Myotube Formation of Avian QM7 Myoblasts. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 179:37-43.
56. Shin S, Choi YM, Han JY, Lee K. 2014. Inhibition of lipolysis in the novel transgenic quail model overexpressing G0/G1 switch gene 2 in the adipose tissue during feed restriction. PLoS One. 9(6):e100905.
55. Choi YM, Suh Y, Ahn J, Lee K. 2014. Muscle hypertrophy in heavy weight Japanese quail line: Delayed muscle maturation and continued muscle growth with prolonged up-regulation of myogenic regulatory factors. Poultry Science.93 (9): 2271-2277.
54. [Hassan A, Ahn J], Suh Y, Choi YM, Chen P, Lee K. 2014. Selenium promotes adipogenic determination and differentiation of chicken embryonic fibroblasts with regulation of genes involved in fatty acid uptake, triacylglycerol synthesis, and lipolysis. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 25:858-867.
53. Chen P, Suh Y, Choi YM, Shin S, Lee K. 2014. Developmental regulation of adipose tissue growth through hyperplasia and hypertrophy in the embryonic Leghorn and broiler. Poultry Science. 993(7):1809-1817.
52. Choi YM, Suh Y, Shin S, Lee K. 2014. Skeletal muscle characterization of Japanese quail line selectively bred for lower body weight as an avian model of delayed muscle growth with hypoplasia. PLoS One. 9(4):e95932.
51. Zhang J, Suh Y, Choi YM, Ahn J, Davis ME, Lee K. 2014. Differential expression of Cyclin G2, Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2C and peripheral myelin protein 22 genes during adipogenesis. Animal. 8(5): 800-809.
50. Shin S, Suh Y, Zerby H, Lee K. 2014. Membrane-Bound Delta-Like 1 Homolog (Dlk1) Promotes while Soluble Dlk1 Inhibits Myogenesis in C2C12 Cells. FEBS Letters. 588: 1100-1108.
49. Ahn J, Li X, Choi YM, Shin S, Oh SA, Suh Y, Nguyen TH, Baik M, Hwang S, Lee K. 2014. Differential Expressions of G0/G1 Switch Gene 2 and Comparative Gene Identification-58 are Associated with Fat Content in Bovine Muscle. Lipids. 49(1):1-14.
48. Hwang S, Oh KB, Kwon DJ, Ock SA, Lee JW, Im GS, Lee SS, Lee K, and Park JK. 2013. Improvement of Cloning Efficiency in Minipigs Using Post-thawed Donor Cells Treated with Roscovitine. Molecular Biotechnology. 55(3):212-216.
47. Choi YM, Shin S, Wick MP, Choe JH, Lee K. 2013. Muscle fiber characteristics of pectoralis major muscle as related to muscle mass in different Japanese quail lines. Animal. 7(10):1665-1670.
46. Serr J, Li X, Lee K. 2013. The regulation of lipolysis in adipose tissue. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. Invited Review. 55(4):303-314.
45. Song Y, Ahn J, Suh Y, Davis ME, and Lee K. 2013. Identification of Novel Tissue-Specific Genes by Analysis of Microarray Databases: A Human and Mouse Model. PLoS One. 8(5):e64483.
44. Choi YM, Sarah D, Shin S, Wick MP, Kim BC, and Lee K. 2013. Comparative growth performance in different Japanese quail lines: The effect of muscle fiber DNA content and morphology. Poultry Science. 92:1870–1877.
43. Choi YM, Nam KW, Choe JH, Ryu YC, Wick MP, Lee K, Kim BC. 2013. Growth, carcass, fiber type, and meat quality characteristics in Large White pigs with different live weights. Livestock Science. 155(1):123-129.
42. Alam MJ, Mamuad LL, Kim SH, Jeong CD, Sung HG, Cho SB, Jeon CO, Lee K, Lee SS. 2013. Effect of Phytogenic Feed Additives in Soybean Meal on In vitro Swine Fermentation for Odor Reduction and Bacterial Community Comparison. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 26(2):266-74.
41. Ahn J, Oh SA, Suh Y, Moeller SJ, Lee K. 2013. Porcine G(0)/G (1) Switch Gene 2 (G0S2) Expression is Regulated During Adipogenesis and Short-Term In-Vivo Nutritional Interventions. Lipids. 48(3):209-18.
40. Yang S, Suh Y, Choi YM, Shin S, Han JY, Lee K. 2013. Loss of Fat with Increased Adipose Triglyceride Lipase-Mediated Lipolysis in Adipose Tissue during Laying Stages in Quail. Lipids. 48(1):13-21.
39. Yasmeen R, Reichert B, Deiuliis J, Yang F, Lynch A, Meyers J, Sharlach M, Shin S, Volz KS, Green KB, Lee K, Alder H, Duester G, Zechner R, Rajagopalan S, Ziouzenkova O. 2013. Autocrine Function of Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 1 as a Determinant of Diet- and Sex-Specific Differences in Visceral Adiposity. Diabetes. 62(1):124-36.
38. Alam MJ, Jeong CD, Mamuad LL, Sung HG, Kim DW, Cho SB, Lee K, Jeon CO, Lee SS. 2012. Bacterial Community Dynamics during Swine In vitro Fermentation Using Starch as a Substrate with Different Feed Additives for Odor Reduction. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 25(5): 690-700.
37. Relling AE, Lee K, Loerch SC, Reynolds CK. 2012. Effects of Glucose, Propionate and Splanchnic Hormones on Neuropeptide mRNA concentrations in the Ovine Hypothalamus. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. Vol. 96 No.4:656-662
36. Park YJ, Mohamed ES, Oh SA, Yoon SJ, Kwon WS, Kim HR, Lee MS, Lee K, Pang MG. 2012. Sperm Penetration Assay as an Indicator of Bull Fertility. J Reprod Dev. 2012. 58(4):461-6.
35. Lee. A, Suh Y, MP Wick, and K Lee. 2012. Temporal Myosin Heavy Chain Isoform Expression Transitions Faster in Broiler Chickens When Compared to Single Comb White Leghorns. Poultry Science. 2012. 91(11):2872-6.
34. Li X, Suh Y, Kim BR, Moeller SJ, Lee K. 2012. Alternative splicing and developmental and hormonal regulation of porcine comparative gene identification-58 (CGI-58) mRNA. Journal of Animal Science. 90(12):4346-54.
33. Serr J, Suh Y, and Lee K. 2011. Cloning of comparative gene identification-58 gene in avian species and investigation of its developmental and nutritional regulation in chicken adipose tissue. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 89, no. 11. : 3490-3500.
32. Oh S, Suh Y, Pang MG, K Lee. 2011. Cloning of avian G(0)/G(1) switch gene 2 (G0S2) genes and developmental and nutritional regulation of G0S2 in chicken adipose tissue. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 2, no. 89.: 367-375.
31. Serr J, Suh Y, Oh SA, Shin S, Kim M, Latshaw JD, Lee K. 2011. Acute up-regulation of adipose triglyceride lipase and release of non-esterified fatty acids by dexamethasone in chicken adipose tissue. Lipids. Vol. 46.: 813-820.
30. Jang HJ, Choi JW, Kim YM, Shin SS, Lee K, Han JY. 2011. Reactivation of Transgene Expression by Alleviating CpG Methylation of the Rous sarcoma virus Promoter in Transgenic Quail Cells. Molecular Biotechnology. Vol. 3, no. 49.: 222-228.
29. Huang W, Hines HC, Irvin KM, Lee K, Davis ME. 2011. Response to divergent selection for insulin-like growth factor-I concentration and correlated responses in growth traits in Angus cattle. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 89.: 3924-3934.
28. Shin S, JY Han, Lee K. 2010. Cloning of Avian delta-like 1 homolog (Dlk1) gene: The biallelic expression of Dlk1 in avian species. Poultry Science. Vol. 89, no. 5. : 948-955.
27. Deiuliis JA, Liu LF, Belury MA, Rim JS, Shin S, Lee K. 2010. Beta(3)-adrenergic signaling acutely down regulates adipose triglyceride lipase in brown adipocytes. Lipids. Vol. 45, no. 6.: 479-489.
26. Deiuliis JA, Shin J, Murphy E, Kronberg SL, Eastridge ML, Suh Y, Yoon JT, Lee K. 2010. Bovine adipose triglyceride lipase is not altered and adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein is increased by dietary flaxseed. Lipids. Vol. 45, no. 11.: 963-973.
25. Lee K, J Shin, JD Latshaw, Y Suh, Serr J. 2009. Cloning of adipose triglyceride lipase complementary deoxyribonucleic acid in poultry and expression of adipose triglyceride lipase during development of adipose in chickens. Poultry Science. Vol. 88, no. 3. : 620-630.
24. Li B, J Shin, Lee K. 2009. Interferon-stimulated gene ISG12b1 inhibits adipogenic differentiation and mitochondrial biogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Endocrinology. Vol. 150, no. 3. : 1217-1224.
23. Liu LF, Purushotham A, Wendel AA, Koba K, DeIuliis J, Lee K, Belury MA. 2009. Regulation of adipose triglyceride lipase by rosiglitazone. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. Vol. 11, no. 2. : 131-142.
22. Serr J, Y Suh, Lee K. 2009. Regulation of adipose triglyceride lipase by fasting and re-feeding in avian species. Poultry Science. Vol. 88, no. 12. : 2585-2591.
21. Shin J, B Li, Davis ME, Suh Y, Lee K. 2009. Comparative analysis of fatty acid binding protein 4 promoters: Conservation of PPAR binding sites. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 87, no. 12. : 3923-3934.
20. Shin J, Bae DR, Latshaw JD, Wick MP, Reddish JM, Lee K. 2009. Technical note: A gene delivery system in the embryonic cells of avian species using a human adenoviral vector. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 87, no. 9. : 2791-2795.
19. Shin J, Velleman SG, Latshaw JD, Wick MP, Suh Y, Lee K. 2009. The ontogeny of Delta-Like Protein 1 mRNA expression during muscle development and regeneration: Comparison of broiler and leghorn chickens. Poultry Science. Vol. 88, no. 7. : 1427-1437.
18. Deiuliis JA, Shin J, Bae D, Azain MJ, Barb R, Lee K. 2008. Developmental, hormonal, and nutritional regulation of porcine adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL). Lipids. Vol. 43, no. 3. : 215-225.
17. Shin J, Lim S, Latshaw JD, Lee K. 2008. Cloning and expression of delta-like protein 1 messenger ribonucleic acid during development of adipose and muscle tissues in chickens. Poultry Science. Vol. 87, no. 12. : 2636-2646.
16. Li B, Zerby HN, Lee K. 2007. Heart fatty acid binding protein is upregulated during porcine adipocyte development. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 85, no. 7. : 1651-1659.
15. Deiuliis JA, B Li, Lyvers-Peffer PA, Moeller SJ, Lee K. 2006. Alternative splicing of delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) in the pig and human. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. B Biochem. Mol. Biol.. Vol. 145, no. 1. : 50-59.
14. Kronberg SL, Bercelo-Coblijn G, Shin J, Lee K, Murphy EJ. 2006. Bovine muscle n-3 fatty acid content is increased with flaxseed feeding. Lipids. Vol. 41, no. 11. : 1059-1068.
13. Li B, Lee K, Martin RJ. 2006. Overexpression of glucose transporter 2 in GT1-7 cells inhibits AMP-activated protein kinase and agouti-related peptide expression. Brain Research. Vol. 1118, no. 1. : 1-5.
12. Lee K, Li B, Xi X, Suh Y, Martin RJ. 2005. The role of neuronal energy status in the regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase, orexigenic neuropeptides expression and feeding behavior. Endocrinology. Vol. 146, no. 1. : 3-10.
11. Lee K, JA Villena, YS Moon, KH Kim, S Lee, C Kang, HS Sul. 2003. Inhibition of adipogenesis and development of glucose intolerance by soluble Pref-1. Journal of Clinical Investigation. Vol. 111, no. 4. : 453-461.
10. (Lee K, Moon YS, CM Smas)*, JA Villena, KH Kim, EJ Yun, and HS Sul. 2002. Mice Lacking Paternally-Expressed Pref-1/Dlk1 Display Growth Retardation and Accelerated Adiposity. Molecular and Cellular Biology. Vol. 22, no. 15. : 5585-5592.
9. Kim KH, K Lee, YS Moon, and HS Sul. 2001. A cysteine-rich adipose tissue-specific secretory factor inhibits adipocyte differentiation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. Vol. 276, no. 14. : 11252-11256.
8. Chen XL, Lee K, DL Hartzell, RG Dean, GJ Hausman, RA McGraw, MA Della-Fera, and CA Baile. 2001. Adipocyte insensitivity to insulin in growth hormone-transgenic mice. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. Vol. 283, no. 4. : 933-937.
7. Lee K, MJ Azain, DB Hausman and TG Ramsay. 2000. Somatotropin and adipose tissue metabolism: Substrate and temporal effects. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 78, no. 5. : 1236-1246.
6. Chen X-L, DL Hartzell, RA McGraw, GJ Hausman, RG Dean, K Lee and CA Baile. 1999. Analysis of a 762-bp Proximal Leptin Promoter to Drive and Control Regulation of Transgene Expression of Growth Hormone Receptor in Mice. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.. Vol. 262, no. 1. : 187-192.
5. Lee K, DB Hausman, and RG Dean. 1999. Expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein C/EBPalpha, beta and delta in rat adipose stromal-vascular cells in vitro. Biochem. Biophys. Acta-Mol.Cell Research. Vol. 1450, no. 3. : 397-405.
4. Lee K, CR Barb, RR Kraeling, RT Riley, DL Hartzell, RA McGraw, MJ Azain, RG Dean, and CA Baile. 1999. Expression of beta-galactosidase and pig leptin gene in vitro by adenovirus-mediated gene therapy. Animal Biotechnology. Vol. 10, no. 1-2. : 37-48.
3. Lee K, GJ Hausman, and R Dean. 1998. Expression of C/EBPalpha, beta and delta in the fetal and postnatal subcutaneous adipose tissues. Mol. Cell. Biochem.. Vol. 178, no. 1-2. : 269-274.
2. Lee K, J Buhr, G J Hausman, T J Wright, and R Dean. 1996. Expression of c-Fos in subcutaneous adipose tissue of the fetal pig. Mol. Cell. Biochem.. Vol. 155, no. 1. : 31-35.
1. Lee K, MJ Azain, MA Hardin, and SE Williams. 1994. Effect of porcine somatotropin (pST) treatment and withdrawal on performance and adipose tissue cellularity in finishing swine. Journal of Animal Science. Vol. 72, no. 7. : 1702-1711.