To enhance communication with stakeholders, The Council on Dairy Cattle Breeding is adding an Outreach Specialist to its innovative and globally respected team.The Outreach Specialist will be instrumental in the CDCB communication strategy with dairy producers and other key stakeholders, by developing a network of industry contacts, actively promoting CDCB’s products, concepts, and positions, and by bridging the gap between scientists and service users. The Outreach Specialist will report directly to the CDCB CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a credible, trusted resource for CDCB collaborators (domestic and global),
dairy industry and producers, as part of CDCB’s broad strategy for increased
engagement, education and thought leadership
• Lead the technology transfer process for CDCB
• Enhance visibility of CDCB within the dairy industry
• Increase awareness about CDCB products and services
• Assist stakeholders on optimal use of CDCB products
• Participate in events as speaker, panelist
• Write extension and popular-press articles
• Collect feedback from industry
• Maintain constant interaction with CDCB and AGIL research and development teams
• Establish a workplan in accordance with CDCB’s communications strategies
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
At least five (5) years of experience working in the US dairy industry. Bachelor’s degree in animal science, agriculture, or a related field. Post graduate degree is desirable. Knowledge and experience should include:
Application Process and Format
Candidates should submit an electronic file format (PDF or Microsoft Word document) cover letter and resume to the CDCB CEO, João Dürr (firstname.lastname@example.org), who can also reply to
direct questions about the position.
For more information on the position, visit this website.