The Animal Science Community Alliance (ASCA) is a departmental leadership group comprised of animal science, animal nutrition, and meat science sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Each member will be engaged in each of the following:
- Strategic departmental planning and implementation of events to build community within the department and the college
- Recruitment of high school students
- Teaching and peer mentorship in the ANIM SCI 2700 required first-year student course
- Planning and implementation of events that promote leadership and fellowship like the CFAES Back 2 School Bash
- Full-time student at The Ohio State University in the Department of Animal Sciences
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior rank after spring semester
- Completion of ANIM SCI 2700
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Ability and willingness to keep information confidential
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Appreciation for students with a variety of interests, backgrounds, and career goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Attend the annual retreat prior to the beginning of the academic year as stated on the application
- Attend all team meetings that will convene at 7:00 am on Tuesdays unless stated otherwise
- Assist in teaching the ANIM SCI 2700 course that is offered the second 7 weeks of the autumn semester and first 7 weeks of spring semester
- Assist in recruiting high school students through various activities
- Plan and co-host the CFAES Back 2 School Bash
- Actively participate in all team events and activities
- Any student wishing to obtain membership status--including a current, standing member--needs to apply each year they seek to obtain membership status.
- Applications will be available in February and be due the last Monday of March each year.
- The membership selection committee, comprised of the advisor and standing senior members, will review the applications and select students eligible for an interview.
- Interviews will be conducted within the first two weeks of April.
- Membership will run one year starting May 1.
Mariette C. Benage
116 Plumb Hall